Wednesday, September 27, 2006

that's such a dirty word.

due to my new-found independence, which came mainly from my newly single status.. i have started to wonder about a few things.. and what i came up with was quite interesting. i am in what i like to call 'relationship purgatory' for purgatory i found two definitions [from what microsoft word 2003 would give me] 1. place of suffering in Roman Catholic doctrine, the place in which the souls remain until they have expiated their sins before they go to heaven. well this is all well and good, but i mean.. im not really suffering.. all that much anyway.. maybe just in lack of 'getting some' but thats really not all that important to me anyway.. and 2. miserable situation an extremely uncomfortable, painful, or unpleasant situation or experience. sure, this one hits closer to the mark than somewhere between heaven and hell, granted, it sure is uncomfortable at times... but i think relationship purgatory is more along the lines of this definition from the wonderful book of sara, in which you will also find the meanings of words such as 'a-burn' and 'suckamyjunk' relationship purgatory: the state in which a person is in between relationships. sure you could call it 'single' but that's such a dirty word, i mean.. during my time being 'single' i have rarely been by myself.. which is like a relationship in its own right. so i think, rather than call it 'single' it should from this point forward be known as relationship purgatory. later days.

2 comments:

Jordan Diederichs said...

Right on, I think I'm in permanent relationship purgatory, haha.

jamie* said...

Hahaha funny...
I was going to say the same thing!

Yikes... lol.